5 Tips for creating a great First-Time Experience
A first-time user is successful if he sees enough value to keep using the product. At this very early stage of your product experience, only a few key actions matter.
So how do you build a great first-time experience to keep people using your product?
- Don’t make the user go through time-consuming tours or tips regarding the product nobody reads that these days. Just try proving the information they need in the context of their tasks.
- Do they ensure your user complete the core task in their first visit? Example: Completing their profile details. Do give them a feeling of success with some congratulations message.
- Always give your users that “aha moment” providing how your product has made their lives easier.
- Make an emotional connection with your users by using the right language and illustrations to communicate with them. Always be more than useful.
- Never ask for information that you don’t need. If you are asking too much information, tell them exactly why you need them. Even try asking that information partially.